Thursday, August 15, 2013

BEDA Day 15: Is Benefit High Beam the Highlighter for You?

Hello and welcome to Day 15 of BEDA!

Today I am going to talk about another makeup item. Today it is Benefit Cosmetics High Beam facial highlighter.



Facial highlighters are meant to be used on the tops of cheekbones, on the bridge of you nose, and on your cupid's bow. The reason for highlighters is to give your face a beautiful glow. You know that radiant glow that pregnant women have? Well now you can get that glow with a product. Highlighters give us that alive and well look, even on a not so happy day. There are so many highlighters on the market. Most are either liquid or powder form. So how do you know which one is right for you? Well today I am going to talk to you about a liquid highlighter meant to give you that glow.


Benefit Cosmetics High Beam is a liquid highlighter and it comes in a pretty tube with a brush that reminds me of a nail polish application brush. It is really use to use. You can apply little dots on the areas of your face that you want highlighted and blend it in with your fingers.


High Beam gives you an amazing glow and it works on all skin tones. I have friends who have darker skin tones and friends who are quite pale. The highlighter blends into any skin tone to give it an amazing dewy look.

The lasting power of High Beam is also really great. They won't stay on for 12 hours but 6-8 is a good estimate which means you don't have to constantly reapply your glow.

The only problem I have high High Beam is not specific to the product itself but liquid highlighters in general. Highlighters are to be applied after your foundation and the problem I have with blending in a liquid highlighter, such as High Beam, is that when I am blending it seems that I am rubbing off some of the coverage I had just applied with either my foundation or concealer. I have not tried a powdered highlighter as of yet (Dior's Amber Diamond is on my want list) so I cannot compare application processes but I would assume that a powdered version, applied with a brush would be a little more efficient and not remove your foundation or concealer.

With that small detail in mind, High Beam is still a great highlighter and it really does create that coveted glow.

Thanks for reading Day 15 of BEDA!

Stay Happy!

- Cate W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips