Monday, August 19, 2013

BEDA Day 19: In the Kitchen with Cate: Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Thighs (Original Recipe by Stacey Snacks)

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 19 of BEDA.

I hope you have been enjoying the posts so far. One of my recent posts was favourited by the Benefit Cosmetics twitter page which made me very happy. If you don't already follow me on twitter, you can right here. The post was about the High Beam highlighter and you can check it out by clicking this link.

Now we move on to the post.

So I am always looking for good, easy recipes to try out for dinner. I am a huge fan of chicken. Mainly because it is super simple and easy to make and quite delicious. It is also on the healthier side of the meats (much healthier than steak) and there are so many variations in ways of cooking. I was lurking around on Pinterest (as I very often do) and found this great recipe by the blog Stacey Snacks pinned and I immediately pinned it and made a grocery list.

In this post I will show you an in depth look at how I cooked this delicious feast and what I changed from the original recipe's directions.

Firstly, you need all your ingredients. For a complete list of ingredients and original instructions click on this link which will bring you to the Stacey Snacks original blog post.





So the only thing I did differently from the Original recipe is baking instead of frying. I personally dislike frying chicken because to me, the cleanup is simpler and it is less messy and I can just leave it while I do other things instead of babysitting it.



The first thing I did was chop up the garlic as small as I could (a little difficult when you don't have a mincer) and I added the chopped garlic to the olive oil. I also chop up the leaves of one sprig of Rosemary as small as possible and add that to the olive oil as well and set it aside


Next I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.

After applying the seasoning, I take the chicken pieces (by hand) and dip them in the mixture of olive oil, Rosemary, and garlic that we set aside earlier.

Once they are coated, I take a plate and take one slice of prosciutto and lay it flat on the plate. I then take a prig of Rosemary and place that on top of the piece of prosciutto, finally I add the piece of chicken on top and wrap it up (now this specific time the pieces of prosciutto I got from my butcher were cut pretty short but the first time I made this recipe they were cut longer so definitely ask your butcher to cut them so they wrap all the way around).



After I finish with all my pieces I put them in a pan that i coat with olive oil so the meat doesn't stick and I bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes before stopping and turning over the pieces and baking for another 20 minutes (total baking time is 40 minutes).

These pieces turned out delicious and the timing was perfect enough so that they were moist and not hard but still evenly cooked through.

If you love chicken and are looking for a simple yet tasty recipe, this is the one.

Thank you for reading Day 19 of BEDA! See you tomorrow for Day 20!

Stay Happy!

- Cate W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips