Wednesday, August 21, 2013

BEDA Day 21: Tag Questions to Get to Know Me Better

Hello Everyone and welcome to Day 21 of BEDA!

Firstly, I would like to talk to you guys again and tell you how much I appreciate the ones of you who are coming back to my blog everyday and reading BEDA posts. It really means a lot to me. I have been wanting to start a blog for so long and never really got the courage so to have those of you who are actually coming back and reading is amazing and I am truly grateful that you do. I also want to tell you that I want to create a safe place for anyone so feel free to comment back to posts and write any tips you have as well.

Today I thought I would do a wacky post that maybe will help you get to know me better. I took a bunch of tag questions and decided to do them in one fun post. Please feel free to answer the same questions in the comments below so I can get to know you as well.



1. What do you order at Starbucks?

Normally at Starbucks I order a Iced Venti Green Tea (No Lemonade) because I really dislike hot drinks. If I don't order that, I will order a Green Tea Frappuccino. 

2. What's one thing in your closet you can't live without?

Scarves! I have a very whole and complete obsession with scarves and I keep buying more and more, not that I need any more but I just love them and I live in Vancouver so it is always cold and rainy 10 months out of the year so a scarf is quite handy around here (at least that's what I tell myself every time I buy a new one). 

3. What's one thing that most people don't know about you?

Hmmmm... This is a hard question but I think it is probably that deep down I am a really lazy person. Most people would not know that because I work so hard at my job and school but the reason I do that is so that the one day that I have off I can turn into a lump and watch TV and do absolutely nothing. 

4. What's one thing you want to do before you die?

I definitely want to be able to travel more. Growing up, my family and I never travelled. We didn't go on vacation every summer like most families so I never had those experiences which is why when I first when on a plane I was 23 (yes that old) and I LOVED it. I don't have a fear of flying and I want to fly more. 

5. What's one food you can't live without?

This is another hard one for me to answer because I love lots of different foods and am really not the kind of person who could eat the same thing over and over again but if I was forced to I would definitely choose homemade traditional Chinese food. My friends mom is Chinese and her food is absolutely delicious and way better than takeout. 

6. What's one quote that you live your life by?

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."                         - Eleanor Roosevelt.

I love this quote because it is so not me. I feel like I live my life pretty afraid of doing certain things so whenever I am scared I think of this quote and I try to think of myself as strong and courageous and confident. 

7. What's your number 1 song on your iPod/iTunes?  

The most played song on my Itunes right now is Feel Again by the band One Republic

8. What kind of style would you describe yourself as having?

My Style is definitely casual. I love jeans and long shirts and my signature piece is definitely a cardigan. I wear cardigans almost everyday. 

9. Favourite number? 

I am a bit OCD with numbers and I only really LOVE even numbers so it would definitely have to be 8 or 4. 

10. Two hobbies?

Definitely reading literature and writing blog posts. Reading is something I love to do but never have time to do because of school and blogging is so much fun because I get to share my thoughts. 

11. Two pet peeves?

My first pet peeve is definitely people who expect your full attention but don't give the same to you in return. I feel like I am a good friend and try to listen and help as much as possible but when I don't feel like that is reciprocated it definitely bugs me. My second pet peeve is not tipping service people. I have known some friends of a friend who will make up silly excuses just so they don't have to tip. I work in customer service (not in a place where you receive tips) to pay for school and I understand the pressures of the job so I definitely tip my service people. 

12. Your guilty pleasure?

Ice Cream. Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream is literally the best kind and I love it as a treat. 

20 Questions Tag

1. Three Things You Cannot Leave the House Without?

I can definitely leave the house with absolutely nothing but if I had to choose that would be: Cellphone, Wallet, and probably Chapstick

2. Favourite Brand of Makeup?

I never really had an answer to this question but lower end would probably be Maybelline and higher end would definitely be Dior, I would buy way more if I could afford to. 


3. Favourite Flower?

Calla Lilly for sure. My mom actually got me a painting of one which I will try to take a picture of and insert it here if I get the time. I love it and display it proudly in my bedroom. 

4. Favourite Clothing Stores? 

I shop mostly at Old Navy, The Gap, and American Eagle Outfitters. Yes my style is definitely preppy casual. 

5. Favourite Perfume? 

My All time favourite perfume (which I will be doing a BEDA post about my favourite perfumes soon) but my longtime love has always been Miss Dior Cherie by Dior which I believe now they just call it Miss Dior. Absolutely adore the scent and it's perfect for day or night.

6. Heels or Flats?

Flats. I love heels, I love the look of them and the design but I cannot wear them for long. 

7. Do You Make Good Grades? 

Yes and no. In highs school I was a bad student and did not really apply myself and just got by (which I would not recommend) and in the first year of college I took that same attitude and ended up not doing great but after that I made up for it. I definitely have to put in a lot more work than I feel like some of my peers do but when I do it really pays off and I am a much better student now then I used to be but I can always work harder and study more.

8. Favourite Colours?

I used to always say green and while I do love green the colour that I am always drawn to is turquoise. 

9. Do You Drink Energy Drinks?

Nope. Actually I have never in my life had a sip of an energy drink. I don't think I would like it and plus I don't think they are really healthy and the fact that if you drink too many it could seriously mess with your heart really scares me. 

10. Do You Drink Juice? 

Absolutely yes! Orange and Cranberry are my favourites. 

11. Do You Like Swimming? 

Yes, I do enjoy swimming but I have not been in a really long time. When I was little I took swimming lessons at our local pool and was actually 2 levels aways from being able to be lifeguard certified but I ended up stopping, I don't remember why and I regret it. 
*Little story: Before my parents decided to put us (my brother and I) in swimming lessons I had a little scare. My parents took my brother and I to the pool one weekend morning (as we sometimes did) and I wanted to go down the big slide. As I was tall enough I could go alone but my brother had to go with my dad. I went first and ended up drowning and having to be rescued by a lifeguard. This event prompted my parents to put us in swimming lessons. 

12. Do You Eat Fries With A Fork?

Absolutely not. 

13. What is Your Favourite Moisturizer? 

Definitely the Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion. I heard about this from MakeupByTiffanyD on YouTube and I use it on my face (not at the moment but I just reordered it so it should be coming soon (Yaay)) and whenever I do I find my skin is much smoother and even toned than ever before. It's a no fail product for me. 

14. Do You Want To Get Married Later in Life? 

I am 25 now and yes I would like to get married but I would also be really happy being in a loving and committed relationship without marriage as well. As of now I am single and I am content with that status. I think because I have had a lot of strong independent, single women influences in my life who are happy and fulfilled without being married it makes me feel more at ease with life. If love happens it will happen and if it doesn't work out that's okay too. I think lots of people put pressure on themselves to find love and forget to enjoy all aspects of life. 

15. Do You Get Mad Easily? 

Another yes and no answer. Yes I can get quite angry, especially when people tell me what to do in an aggressive fashion, I do not take lightly to that but I also feel like I am a little soft when it comes to people I care about and will let them get away with things just simply because I dislike confrontation.

16. Are You Into Ghost Hunting? 

This is such a silly question. No I am not into ghost hunting, I am terrified of anything scary. My brother and I did used to watch a show called Creepy Canada which showcased places in Canada where ghostly activity was allegedly taking place but that's as far as I've gone in hunting ghosts. 

17. Any Phobias? 

Of Course. Scary movies, spiders, snakes, not being successful, not being financially secure. I could go on...

18. Do You Bite Your Nails? 

Sadly yes. I know it's horrible and I actually did stop a year ago and then I started again. 

19. Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? 

Well aside from my drowning experience I shared back at question 11 I have had a couple. The first before I was even born. I was born 3 weeks late and my mom actually had to go to the hospital every few days to check if I was alive and breathing and then when I was born, even though I was late I was still on the small side and had trouble regulating my body temperature so I had to be kept in an incubator for a while. The second one was when I was a baby I was involved in a car accident which could have been fatal if a few circumstances were different. 

20. Do You Drink Coffee? 

Nope. Hate the taste, hate the smell. I get my energy from Green Tea or Diet Coke (yes it is a bad addiction). 
  

So there you have it. A bunch of questions to get to know me better. I hope this was a fun post. Feel free to answer these questions yourself and tell me your answers in the comments below. See you tomorrow for Day 22 of BEDA!

Stay Happy!

- Cate W. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips