Friday, August 30, 2013

BEDA Day 30: Fossil Watches: An Alternative to Michael Kors?

Hello everyone welcome to Day 30 of BEDA!

Today we are going to talk about watches.

I know most of you have probably seen the Michael Kors Rose Gold Watches that come in a variety of different styles to choose from. The problem with these watches is that they run around anywhere from $200 to $400. Now as a young, working, student, I don't necessarily have income to spend on that but I also want to be able to buy things I like because I do work for it. Anyways, I was browsing around the Fossil online web store (as I do often because they have such awesome bags) and I happened to click on the watch section and I saw that they had a lovely selection of Rose Gold watches that looked quite similar to the Michael Kors line but they were around half the cost. I decided that I would save up my money and purchase one of those instead.



So I went for the Women's Retro Traveler Watch in Rose Gold. I went for this watch because it was the simplest, it did not have any encrusted crystals (which is not really my thing). It is beautiful and can make almost any outfit look dressier and more put together. This specific watch (which is not on the website anymore) costs $125.00, so a fraction of the cost of a Michael Kors but still just as stylish and chic. I have also read (not sure if this information is confirmed or not) that both Fossil and Michael Kors watches are made in the same exact factory which begs the question, why is one more expensive than the other? Regardless, I am glad I found this watch and am happy to have it in my collection and I did not have to break the bank for it. Another thing that I love is the case that it came with. I bough this watch at my nearest Fossil store and the sales associate allowed me to choose which case I preferred and they had a wide selection of different designs. Obviously I chose the one with the Hearts. There was another one with Polka Dots that was also quite pretty. 


Overall, I would recommend Fossil watches to anyone who wants to keep up with the watch trend but does not want to break the bank trying. 

I hope you enjoyed day 30 of BEDA. I will see you tomorrow for the final BEDA post!

Stay Happy!

- Cate W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips