Monday, August 5, 2013

BEDA Day 5: How to Get Through Life

Welcome to BEDA Day 5!!!

Today I am going to talk about life and how to get through it.

"My life sucks" we have all heard that or worse, said that. The truth is life does suck sometimes, heck it may even suck a lot of the times. In this economy and job market, when you look at all the statistics out there it's hard not to worry and not to be scared. I am 25 and I haven't finished University. I took so many breaks to try and save up and work so that I can afford to finish my degree. Even though I am almost done and waiting for this new life to start, I get bogged down by life and how much other people have accomplished and how far I have to go.

I am guilty of comparing my life to others who are around my age and asking "why has their life gone so much better?" but the truth is I can't predict how my life is going to go and neither can you.

Life is about doing what makes up happy and what makes us feel at peace. I know that by going to school and eventually becoming a teacher, part of my dreams will come true. The point is there are so many things in life that will threaten us, push us, and try to bring us down and I wanted to share with you some tips on how to make it through.

1) Write!!! Write in a journal, write everything you feel. It is the most cliche thing to do but it really helps. Everyday I write how I feel and I write if I felt better the day before or better today and why and what made me happy and what made me sad. Writing your feelings really helps you understand them and deal with them. It also helps you to understand that your feelings are real and expressing them in a healthy way is natural and good.


2) Stop comparing yourself to others. Another cliche but really true. Stop going on Facebook and looking up that girl who you knew in high school and how she is newly pregnant or recently engaged. You are your own person and you need to recognize that your life isn't on a set path. Your path is different from everyone else's.

3) Don't be afraid of your emotions. Emotions are raw, they are real and most importantly, they are necessary and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. Growing up I was always know for my emotions. Some co workers even nicknamed me "sensitive Sally" which I found quite rude and it made me draw back into my shell and not want to share my feelings. My point is, not expressing your feelings is damaging. It is not healthy to bottle your emotions inside. You need to let them out in some way. If you are creative, draw, if you are athletic, run, just do something for you.

4) Get back into your routine. A routine is healthy, a routine is good and it is rehabilitating. Get up in the morning, take a shower, wash your hair, put makeup on, wear nice clothes, make a good breakfast. Start your day right. It may seem small but it sets the tone for the entire day and you will feel a little bit better than the day before.

5) Believe in yourself. This is the last one. No one ever got anywhere believing they were shit (pardon my language, I rarely swear). It is true. You can achieve things. There is a reason why you are on this earth and it's not to be a wasted space. You deserve to be here, you can do great things and someone believes in you. I believe in you. If you feel that no one in your life believes in you. You are wrong because I do. I promise.

Stay Happy!

- Cate W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips