Hello Everyone and welcome to my brand new posting schedule for the rest of 2013.
Just a few little points I wanted to make before I get started with today's fun post.
1) The blog layout has changed. I really liked the dynamic view that I had during BEDA, it was very image centred but I was getting some feedback that said it was a bit annoying for mobile users so I thought I would simplify the layout and I actually like it this way, it lets you pay more attention to the posts and I prefer the turquoise on white colour scheme. Let me know what you think about it in the comments.
2) October will be giveaway month and as promised I will be doing 2 separate giveaways to thank you for all your support during BEDA (Blog Everyday in August). The two products that I will be giving away have been featured in the blog during BEDA (in a positive light) so you will be familiar with them.
3) The first October Giveaway post will go up on Thursday October 3 and will last 2 weeks until Thursday October 17th in which I will announce the winner on the blog post that will go up that day as well as on my Twitter account (so make sure you are following that). The Second giveaway will also be revealed on Thursday October 17th and will run until Thursday October 31st. I will always announce blog winners on both the blog and twitter.
4) When you win one of my giveaways I will contact you with the information I have garnered through your subscribing to the blog. You may also contact me by my email which is located in the "About Cate W." section of the blog which is located on the top underneath the blog title.
*side-note: If you have won one of my giveaways and have not go in contact with me within 72 hours (3 days) of me announcing the winner I will be forced to pick another winner so please keep an eye out on these dates as they will come in handy.
5) Giveaway rules will be very simple. The rules will be as follows:
1) You must be a blog subscriber (This giveaway is only for blog supporters). I have finally successfully added a follow button on the right hand side of the blog to make it easy for you to follow the blog but you must be following in order to win (I will be checking).
2) You must comment below on the giveaway blog post. This is the only way I know that you have entered the giveaway.
3) You can live anywhere in the world. I do not want to exclude anyone from winning the things I giveaway so my giveaways will never ever be specific to any country. I will ship your winnings anywhere in the world!
4) You may enter as many times as you like by commenting on the giveaway blog post.
5) Lastly, if you are under 18 you must have your parents permission because I will need to ask for your mailing address to ship the item to you so they need to be okay with you providing me with this information.
*The last point I wanted to stress about giveaways is fairness. I will promise to always choose my winners fairly and through no biased. All winners will be selected by the use of the website www.random.org. I will put in how many comments are on the giveaway blog post and then select the first random number generated by the website and that will be the winner.
So I was going to post my September 2013 Top Box unboxing and August 2013 Top Box review today but on Tuesday I went out to Shopper's Drug Mart (for those of you who are not Canadian, Shopper's Drug Mart is a Canadian drug store that carries drugstore makeup but it is also branching out to carry some higher end items as well) to pick up shaving blades and I got sucked in by Elizabeth Arden and the lovely cosmetician at my location, Daniela, told me about an offer in which if you spend $35.00 on Elizabeth Arden (which is not hard to do, it is usually 2 products) you get a goody bag plus an Elizabeth Arden purse. So, I was all in. I wanted to tell you guys about this offer as soon as I could in case you were interested in picking some Elizabeth Arden products at your local Shopper's Drug Mart and receiving these gifts with purchase as well (I am not sure which locations are having the offer so call your local store to find out more). I will start with the La Roche Posay item and then move on to the main event.
Product: La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5
Why I picked it up: If you follow La Roche Posay on Twitter you will see that this new Baume has made it to Canada and I have been seeing so many tweets raving about it's power to reduce scarring and burns and all that so I decided to pick it up and see if it would work on my Acne scarring. I am currently using a dark spot corrector (which I will be reviewing shortly) and I am hoping this will work well in combination with that.
THE MAIN EVENT
Product: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm
Why I picket it up: This is a cult favourite among so many people and I have wanted to try it for so long but it is pricey so this deal gave me the extra nudge to make the splurge. I used this last night and I can truthfully say that my lips woke up so much smoother and the smoothness has lasted all day so I am a little sad at how much I love this because it is a pricey product to keep repurchasing. If you have any similar products that you love for slightly less of a splurge, let me know in the comments.
Product: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint Sunscreen SPF 15 in the shade Berry (What a mouthful of a name right?)
Why I picked it up: Truthfully I picked it up because I was not quite at $35.00 for the free gift. I have used it once since purchasing and I will say that it is super moisturizing but you have to put a lot on to notice a good bit of colour.
Now we move on to the free stuff. My favourite part!!
Product: Elizabeth Arden Print Purse
Why I am excited about it: To be honest, I'm not. It isn't really my style (too bold for my casual stye) and the material is quite flimsy so I may use it for travelling or something but not daily.
Product: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum
Why I am excited about it: I love trying new serums and believe it or not I have never tried any in these capsules before so I am excited to give it a whirl.
Product: Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti- Aging Moisture Lotion with SPF 30
Why I am excited about it: Again, another product that I am really not excited for. I feel like many companies just put little bottles of sunscreen in these gift bags for filler items but we will see how this goes although I don't think this is something I would repurchase because there are so many more affordable kinds at the drugstore.
Product: Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lash Enhancing Mascara
Why I am excited about it: Again, I really am not. Another filler product for cosmetic companies but hopefully this will be a usable mascara.
Product: Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging Eye Cream Sunscreen SPF 15
Why I am excited about it: This eye cream retails for $100.00 for 15ml and I received a 5ml sample so I am quite pleased with that. I also used it last night and I have to say that it is highly moisturizing but I don't believe it is supposed to do anything for dark circles so it would not be something I would buy.
Product: Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup
Why I am excited about it: This is supposed to be a cream foundation which is not really my forte but I will give it a whirl. If it doesn't work as foundation I can always use it as a concealer.
Product: Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Radiance Blush in the shade Plum Perfection
Why I am excited about it: Another product that I am kind of meh about. I am a self proclaimed blush addict but this colour (it is more like a dusty rose than a plum) is not one that I feel would suit my very olive skin tone. The products formulation is also very chalky and seems to get everywhere once you swirl it with a brush. I will give it a whirl tomorrow and let you all know on Twitter what I think about it.
Well there you have it guys, a haul post done and done. I hope that you can still get the deal at your local Shopper's Drug Mart locations. If you do, let me know in the comments below and also if you have tried any of these products let me know how you feel about them in the comments as well.
Until next time...
- Cate W.