Monday, May 26, 2014

In The Kitchen With Cate: Asian Lemon Chicken Tenders (Original Recipe by Damn Delicious)

So I know a cooking post has been a long time coming but there is good reason as to why I have not posted one.

Recently my home has been going through some renovations and the kitchen has been a major one. We got some new countertops and fresh new paint on the cabinets.

I have been yearning to start cooking again and this past week I finally had the chance. I was on one of my favourite cooking blogs Damn Delicious and found this great recipe for Asian Lemon Chicken Tenders and decided to give it a try.

*This is not my recipe and is owned by Chung-Ah of www.damndelicious.net and I am just recreating it. To find the original recipe and ingredients list you may click here.

The first thing you want to do is take all your ingredients for your glaze: honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, ground black pepper, and garlic powder and bring it to a boil. 

Once the glaze is boiling, you can reduce the heat and let it cook for around 10 minutes until it gets a bit thicker. 

For your chicken stripes, you want to first dip them into flour and then buttermilk and one more time in the flour so that they are all evenly coated. 

You may then fry your chicken in the pan with vegetable oil. This usually takes about 4 minutes on each side. 

The pieces should be golden brown before you remove them. Once you remove them from the pan, place the chicken pieces on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the extra moisture and oil. 

You may then serve the chicken with your favourite side (I prefer rice). Also add your sauce over the top of the chicken and rice. 

This recipe was really easy to make (my favourite kind) and it was quite tasty however, I was not a big fan of the sauce. It was labeled as a lemon glaze but the taste of apple cider vinegar overpowered the lemon and the sauce also had a hard time thickening. I prefer thicker sauces but this was too runny. 

Let me know if you try this recipe or let me know your favourite chicken recipes in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips