Friday, June 13, 2014

First Impressions: Clarisonic Mia


I've been using the Clarisonic Mia ($145 CAN) for over a week now and I am LOVING it!

The Mia is one of the most basic and simple Clarisonic devices available. It is has one button and one speed. The other Clarisonic devices have varying different features including: a body feature, a timer, more speeds you can use (Delicate, Universal, Powerful), other colours and patterns, and different charger options. Cate, who has the Mia 2 which has 2 speeds and the 1 minute T-Timer, and I agreed that you really only need the essentials which the Mia adequately provides. 

I did have one little mishap the first time I used my Mia. Being used to how Cate's Clarisonic Mia 2 worked, I didn't realize the Mia didn't have a timer! So I ended up not counting and did a bit more than 20 seconds on my forehead. No adverse effects from it though, I just skipped the next nights treatment of my forehead to make sure I didn't overdo it. So if you are thinking about getting a Mia keep in mind you'll be counting!

How I use it:
I follow Clarisonic's guide which is basically this:

1) I cleanse my face and take off my eye makeup by hand.
2) With my Mia in hand and my face moistened, I start by running some water over my Mia until it is damp and applying a bit of the cleanser it came with to the brushes. Then I move in small circles- 20 seconds on my forehead area, 10 seconds on each cheek, and 20 seconds on my chin and nose. Sometimes if I have been of extra time I do 10 seconds on my neck as well.
3) When the timer shuts off I rinse my Mia under the tap and wash the cleanser off my face.

Now, on to my FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

  • My skin is so much softer and smoother! This is especially true right after I cleanse with the Clarisonic, but even the next day the texture of my skin is noticeably more even and silky.
  • I can definitely see the improvement in my skin. I definitely have a glow-y thing going on, like I just did a really good facemask or something!
  • You think you are taking off all of your makeup (especially foundation), but you are really not. At least, I wasn't.
  • It's compact size makes it perfect for travelling!
  • It comes in 4 different colours: White, Pink, Grey, and Lavender. I have the Lavender which is absolutely perfect for me as a purple lover!
  • Although the Clarisonic devices are quite expensive, I like to think it is an investment in improving the health and look of my skin. In the long run I think I am saving money on more skin care products, like foundation and cover-up, because I just am not using them as often now that my skin is looking lovelier and lovelier!
  • It's simple and no-fuss, exactly how I like things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips