Monday, June 2, 2014

In The Kitchen With Cate: Pineapple Onion Pork Chops & Oven Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts

Hello again,

Today I am back with another cooking post. This weekend I went out of my comfort zone and made something other than chicken (gasp!) and it was delicious. This proves that going out of your comfort zone, even if it's just food wise, can result in something really good and in this case it resulted in something quite tasty.

I am also doing two recipes in one post today. I decided to make a side dish as well that I found on the oh so lovely Pinterest (which if you don't follow us already, you can here).

The first recipe is for Pineapple Onion Pork Chops. I found this recipe on the site www.tasteofhome.com and you can find the original right here.

Pineapple Pork Chops 

You want to take your Flour, Salt, and Ground Pepper and coat your Pork Chop pieces in them. The recipe suggests using a Ziploc bag for this but I did not have any large ones so I used this bowl which I found worked well as long as you make sure to coat the pork evenly. 


Once you coat the chicken you want to lightly cook them in your frying pan until they are slightly brown. Don't cook them all the way through since you will be baking them soon. 


You then add your Pork Chops to a greased pan. Add your Water as well as your Chopped Onion on top. 


Make sure to cover your baking dish with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees celsius. 


Meanwhile, add your Pineapple Juice, Honey Mustard, and Brown Sugar to a Saucepan and bring to a boil (the recipe did not say to use a whisk but I did use one after I found that my mustard was not fully dissolving into the pineapple juice, so I recommend using a whisk). Once the mixture comes to a boil you can turn down the heat and let the sauce simmer for around ten minutes without a lid. After the 20 minutes on your Pork Chop timer is up, add this sauce to the baking pan and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. 


Your Pork Chops will come out juicy and perfectly cooked. I did not have to add any extra time and the flavour was delicious and not too strong. 

Oven Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts

The original recipe for this tasty side is by the site www.thecookingphotographer.com and can be found right here.


You need about 2 pounds of brussels sprouts. I cut off the root and sliced them in half and evenly distributed them on the baking pan. 


Step two is taking your Minced Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Water, and Olive Oil and tossing your sprouts in them and making sure they are evenly coated. The recipe called for 5 Minced Garlic Cloves but I added 3 more little ones because I prefer mine to be a little bit more on the garlic-y side. 


The Sprouts should be cooked at 425 degrees celsius for around 45 minutes. Make sure to stop at around 25 minutes and mix them around, I almost forgot about this which would have resulted in them burning. 

These were super delicious and such a nice side or a good snack. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing these recipes. Make sure to let me know if you give these a try and you can Tweet Us a picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips