Wednesday, August 20, 2014

In The Kitchen With Cate: Chorizo Carbonara (Original Recipe by Jamie Oliver)

So, I haven't done a cooking post in a little bit and I thought it was time for a new one.

I have been really into pasta lately (there will be another pasta recipe post coming up soon) and Jamie Oliver has some really great and simple recipes on his site for those who are newer to cooking pastas.

I decided to try the Chorizo Carbonara, mainly because it contains two of my favourite foods, penne and sausage.

*Disclaimer: This is not my recipe, this recipe belongs to Jamie Oliver and I found it on his lovely website and am just recreating it. You can find the original recipe here.


Firstly, you want to bring your Water and a bit of Salt to a boil and add Pour pasta to the boiling water and cook for 11 minutes. 


You then want to add your thin slices of Sausage to your pan as well as the Rosemary, Pepper, and Olive Oil. 


Add your Garlic and cook until everything is golden. 


In a bowl, you want to add your Cheese, Egg, Lemon Juice, and Yoghurt. 


Make sure to Whisk everything together.


After draining the Pasta, transfer the Pasta to your Sausage pan and stir everything together. Make sure to add your Sauce to the pan for a quick cook. 


Your Pasta is ready for eating!

This recipe was super easy and super delicious. The Chorizo Sausage gave the pasta an extra kick without being too spicy. 

I love pastas with minimal sauce, it really gives you a chance to enjoy the flavours like the Sausage, Garlic, and Rosemary in this one. 

Let me know if you give this one a try and share your photos on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips