Friday, August 29, 2014

The Body Shop Rainforest Balance Shampoo and Conditioner Review

It is no secret that I have oily hair. Last year during BEDA I wrote a post on how to deal with oilier hair that you can find here.

This year for my birthday, back in July, Meg bought me the shampoo and conditioner from The Body Shop's Rainforest Balance line that is specifically formulated for oily haired individuals.

This shampoo contains seaweed which is a powerful ingredient in lots of skincare products geared towards oilier skin types so The Body Shop decided to add it to this range to help clarify hair. Today I am going to talk about my experience with the shampoo and conditioner.


Product Info: This shampoo and conditioner is available at The Body Shop and costs $10.00 per bottle. You can however purchase travel friendly versions to try out at $5.00 per bottle.

Consistency: The shampoo and the conditioner each have their one very unique consistencies. The shampoo is on the liquid-y side and runs clear. It is very clarifying. 

The conditioner is on the thicker and goopier side. Although it is quite thick, it is not very moisturizing to the hair which is not necessary for oily hair anyways. 

How I Use It: I don't do anything differently than I would a normal shampoo and conditioner duo but I do make sure to use the wide tooth comb that comes in the set Meg gave me. I use it to comb through my hair while the conditioner is in it because the conditioner does tend to leave the hair tangly. 

My Thoughts: I really do notice a difference when using this shampoo and conditioner duo. I find that if I use this and curly my hair as well as using some dry shampoo I can mange to keep my hair down 2 days in a row, which was virtually impossible before this. 

Overall: I would definitely repurchase the full size version of this shampoo again and would recommend it without a doubt. The conditioner on the other hand is a bit thick for my taste and I leaves my hair almost unmanageably tangled so I do most times just stick with my Tresemme 24 Hour Body Conditioner which is much lighter and leaves my hair softer without being oily. 

I hope you enjoyed this review. Please let me know in the comments your favourite shampoos for oilier hair. 



1 comment:

  1. your blog is very nice and very help for me and all those people who are facing the problem of oily hair.https://healthycounter.com/keeping-hair-less-oily/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips