Saturday, August 30, 2014

What Makes You Canadian Tag

So I thought it would be fun for Meg and I to do this tag because we are both Canadian (born and raised) and proud of it.


Meg's Answers: 

1. What do you order at Tim Hortons?
I'm rarely at Tim Hortons's these days (bad Canadian) but if I am, it's often a hot chocolate and a struedel. Yum. 

2. What is the most annoying Canadian stereotype?
That it's really cold everywhere in Canada so we're all Eskimos who live in igloos. Most Canadians live very close to the US boarder, how much do you think the temperature changes?!

3.How many provinces and territories have you traveled to?
I love in British Columbia and have been to Alberta and Quebec. I've been to Ontario too, but just the Toronto airport so that doesn't really count!

4. Have you ever seen an igloo?
No, see answer 2. 

5.How many/What words do people think you say differently?
Cate always makes fun of me for saying a few words differently (kayak, southern, for example) but that's not a Canadian thing specifically!

6. Favourite YTV show?
Na na na na na hey hey carry me away. Breaker High! Young Ryan Gosling, anyone?

7. What is one thing you wish you could buy in Canada, but can't?
More of the makeup and clothing brands that stay put in the USA, like ELF. Also, vanilla coke!

8. Have you seen deer, moose or other wildlife?
Oh course, all of the above. A couple bears and big horn sheep as well!


9.What is your favourite winter product?
Really moistuzing lip balm like Nivea's Milk and Honey. Also, toques and wollen scarfs. 

10.Who is your favourite Canadian celebrity?
Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams.

11. Why are you proud to be Canadian?
I love being from a country that, at it's best, gives me the freedom to be myself and gives me so many opportunities. And the free healthcare too.


Cate's Answers: 

1. What do you order at Tim Hortons?
At Tim Hortons I generally order an Iced Cap but if I am in the mood for a hot drink (which is rare) it would be an English Toffee. As for donuts, my favourite is the Sour Cream Glazed.

2. What is the most annoying Canadian stereotype?
One of the most annoying Canadian stereotypes is the fact that a lot of people really do believe that all Canadians live in extremely cold climates. I have always lived in southern British Columbia and we do get snow but our climate is quite mild.

3.How many provinces and territories have you traveled to?
The only other province I have been to is actually Alberta but I would love to see more of Canada.

4. Have you ever seen an igloo?
Other than pictures, no.

5.How many/What words do people think you say differently?
I actually don't think I say any words differently. I will say that I do use the phrase "eh" quite often though.

6. Favourite YTV show?
I don't watch any YTV now but I loved to watch "Are You Afraid of the Dark" as a youngster.

7. What is one thing you wish you could buy in Canada, but can't?
Having just been to the U.S. I wish we could have Vanilla and Cherry Coke.

8. Have you seen deer, moose or other wildlife?
I have seen deer, moose, and even bears all on the drive to Alberta.

9.What is your favourite winter product?
During the winter my skin can get pretty dry so I like to use heavy moisturizers like the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Balm. I also really love T-Max Heat socks because they keep your feet so warm and toasty.


10.Who is your favourite Canadian celebrity?
This is a pretty cheesy answer but I would have to say Celine Dion. I just love her, she has an incredible voice and I got to see her in Vegas with Meg.

11. Why are you proud to be Canadian?
I love all the comforts of home. I love Canadian people. I like that in Canada it is legal for everyone to get married regardless of their sexual orientation and I like that Canadian's have this stereotype of being nice people because I like to think that it is true.

Are you a fellow Canadian like us? Make sure to answer these questions below in the comments because we would love to hear you answers.

If you aren't Canadian, we would love to hear a little bit about where you're from and why you love your country as much as we love Canada.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips