Friday, September 26, 2014

Beauty Blogger Tag

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
Cate: I was going through a rough time (skincare wise) and I found that I wasn't finding a lot of information on skincare so I wanted to talk about different products I was trying and let people know if they were working. Also I really love watching YouTube videos but am way too shy to put myself on camera. 

Meg: I have dabbled in blogs and writing before and when I heard about Cate's venture I thought it would be fun to get back into. I love beauty and books which I write about on the blog, so it's right up my alley.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
Cate: I have been in love with Ruth Crilly's blog A Model Recommends for so long because she loves skincare just as much as I do. I also love Ruth's friend Caroline Hiron's blog, she has a no fuss approach to skincare and gets down to the facts about products and whether or not they work. 

Meg: Oh, so long ago! I have the memory of a gnat, but two blogs that I loved way back when and still do are Orangette and A Certain Bent Appeal for the way their authors can tell a beautiful story- though they aren't beauty blogs. Beauty-wise, A Beautiful Mess and Zoella are lovely.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
Cate: I do get sucked into the hype at times. I did with the Urban Decay Naken 2 Palette and  although I do like it, I would not pick it up again just because I never use all the colours and it doesn't seem to go with my skin tone. 

Meg: I try not to buy hyped up products unless I'm really sure about it as I think wonder products are often overrated. I would have to say the first product that I hyped product that I bought was the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundion and I have to say, it really is quite good. 

What are you five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
Cate: 1) Being able to share products that do/do not work for me with other women (or men) out there who really want to know if something works before spending their hard earned money. 
2) Getting to read blog comments. Although we don't get so many comments, I appreciate every single one that we do. 
3) Seeing the statistics of our viewership. It makes me really excited to see that there are people so far away reading something that little old me wrote. 
4) Taking fashion photos and exploring my love of photography. I am not an expert on photography but I love exploring that aspect through blogging. 
5) Having this fun hobby to share with my best friend. With school and work, you can get bogged down but with blogging it is always fun and it's nice to have something enjoyable that I can do and share with Meg who I love.

Meg: 1. Writing blog posts: As much as I can struggle to finish them sometimes, writing has also been a passion for me.
2. Connecting with people from around the world: Whether other bloggers or readers, I love hearing other people's experiences and thoughts.
3. Working hard on something and having other people recognize it by reading and commenting on it!
4. Spending time reading countless blogs and writing countless posts with Cate- always a good time!
5. Getting to share the truth (as I see it) without the sugar coating. All the product and book reviews here are authentic and genuine. 

What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger? 
Cate: That you don't need to spend a lot of money on products. You can be a Beauty Blogger and have a lot to share but you don't need to be broke to do it. 

Meg: Beauty Bloggers come in all forms and it's great to see the diversity of people and ideas that come about via blogging. 

Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger? 
Cate: I don't really think so. I have always just written what I think about a product because it is important to be truthful to your readers. If I think someone shouldn't waste their money on something  I will say it. 

Meg: Not particularly. I think I'm more conscious of how I write knowing people will likely see it, but it hasn't changed the content or the message. 

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out? 
Cate: I would recommend to only do it if you love to do it because you probably won't become rich or earn a decent living so forget about the money and do it because you want to and be consistent!

Meg: Do what you love, don't follow the crowd, pave your own way. 

What are your top 5 beauty brands?
Cate: Neutrogena, La Roche Posay, Revlon, Estee Lauder, and Nars

Meg: Tarte, Stila, St Ives, Nivea, MAC. 

Recommend your top 5 beauty products... 
Cate: La Roche Posay Purifying Foaming Gel
Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover
Estee Luader Double Wear Foundation 
YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #23 Luscious Pink
Clarisonic Mia 

Meg: MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger
MAC Prep and Prime
Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner
Stila Major Lash Mascara

If you have a blog, make sure to leave a ink in the comments below so we can check it out. Also answer these questions if you're up to it, we would love to hear from you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips