Monday, May 18, 2015

A Simpler Skincare Routine


So as a jump back into more regular blog posts I thought I would start off with an updated skincare routine as you all know I love me my skincare products but recently as the warmer months are among us I have decided to simplify the amount of products I use. 

Now this may not be simple for everyone, in fact some people might thing that this is far too much stuff and some may not think that this is enough but the important thing to keep in mind is that everyone's skin is different and I have really been finding that these items are working well for me. 

Now let's get started with a breakdown of the stuff...

Now, I don't think I need to ramble on about this cleanser any further than I already have on this blog but I really do love it. It works so well on my skin all year around. It never dries it out but it still balances the oils and my skin is always the clearest it ever is when I am using this cleanser regularly. *Note: I only use this cleanser at night (around 3 days a week I use it with my Clarisonic for a deep cleanse) but I do not use cleanser in the morning. I simply wash my face with water, it is because I am trying a different method right now and I will talk about it on the blog at a later date. 

I really do like this moisturizer for daytime, it is not too heavy and gets the job done. However, I probably won't repurchase this after it is finished because I don't think it is worth the money for me in particular and there is an Origins day cream I really want to give a try that is more mattifying for the day time. 

This is a Serum I have tried and reviewed before and I can honestly say that it is my favourite dark spot corrector I have tried. Now that isn't to say that it gets rid of everything that I want it too but it does help and I picked this up again when it was on a crazy good sale. 

I have long read that Frankincense was a great oil to use for dark spots and I am finally giving it a go. I mix a few drops of this in with my nighttime moisturizer. I will review this once I use it for a longer period of time. 

Vitamin E is great for healing the skin and that's why when I saw this night cream at The Body Shop I knew I had to try it. I will also review this once I use it a little longer. 

This eye cream is super thick and moisturizing without being too heavy. I probably won't repurchase it because I like to try different eye creams especially one's meant for my dark circles which this particular one does not do anything for. 

I also use makeup remover to take off eye makeup as well as wipes to remove face makeup before I cleanse my skin with my cleanser but those items often change depending on what is on sale. 

Another wonderful thing that I have noticed for my skin is cutting back on soda. I used to drink diet cokes and ginger ale a lot and now I only allow myself 2 cans of ginger ale a week and most weeks I don't even have that. I really enjoy drinking water with lemon inside. I usually have about 2-3 medium sized lemons in my glasses of water a day. I find that drinking lemon water really clears my skin and helps it to look more radiant. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and make sure to stay tuned and come back for more because Meg and I are back to a more regular blogging schedule. 




2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad to see you're back posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley,

      Unfortunately, life and hectic schedules get in the way but we are glad to be back :)

      Delete

 
Blogging tips