Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 2013 Topbox Unboxing and August 2013 Topbox Review + A Life Update

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing really great. I am writing this post quite late, I try to write these posts early on Wednesday but it is now 11:55pm and this post is going up at 8:00am and I still have some pictures to edit. Life has been quite stressful with school and work and life stuff but hopefully everything will come to a state of peace soon.

I am really excited to be hosting my first blog giveaway next week so stay tuned for that. If you want information on how the blog giveaway is going to take place and the rules, all the details are in my blog post from last week that you can read here.

Today I am going to be reviewing my August Topbox and showing you all my September Topbox. If you don't already know, Topbox is a monthly subscription service in Canada that sends you 4 sample sized items at the cost of $12.00 a month. This month there was a special Chatelaine edition which featured products that are picked out by the editors of Chatelaine Magazine. Before I go into the September box I am going to review the August one and tell you what product I liked and which I did not care for.

August 2013 Topbox


Product: Miyu Teas and Beauty Hydrate Mi or De-Stress Mi Pairing
My Thoughts: I was really impressed with this item or pair of items. I never thought I would love a hydrating spray for my face but this was awesome and the tea was delicious. 



Product: Benefit Sugarbomb Lipgloss
My thoughts: I really love Benefit products but this just didn't cut it for me. The formula felt too powdery and not smooth and the colour just did not shop up on my lips. 


Product: Yaby Cosmetics in the shade Coolio Cucumber
My Thoughts: I did not use this product. As I said in my Unboxing post I was not sure of the colour so I have not given this one a go yet. 


Product: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
My Thoughts: I like this a lot. The texture is great it is good enough for dry skin without being too oily for combination skin. 

September 2013 Topbox






Product: A double issue Chatelaine Magazine
My Thoughts: Getting a magazine is always exciting to read!


Product: Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray 
My Thoughts: I am always hesitant to try new heat protectants, maybe because I love my Tresemme so much but also because my hair is thin and most heat protectants weight it down but I will let you know what I think. 


Product: Lise Watier Teint Age Control Supreme 
My Thoughts: I love Lise Watier but I am not so sure I need this serum. Being in my twenties I am suffering more from acne scarring than aging so this serum is not really what I need right now to heal my skin. 


Product: Cover | FX Anti Aging Primer
My Thoughts: Another aging product. I am not so sure how this will fare but I will give it a shot.


Product: Lancome Tresor Eau De Parfum 
My Thoughts: This is a nice scent, although not particularly my style. I also don't like that this does not have a spray nozzle. 

Overall, I am no too happy with this month's Topbox. I was a bit disappointed that the samples did not really suit my skin type and concerns. I have decided to actually cancel my Topbox subscription because I have been a little unhappy with my selections recently and I am trying to cut back some costs as well but I will still review these products next month in further detail. 

Stay Happy!

- Cate W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips